11.17.2009

Today's Featured Reading

Q. I love this man very much, but I feel as if he might be dishonest about wanting to be with me. Am I right to trust my gut feeling?

A. My ultra-short response is, "ALWAYS listen to your gut feeling." God gave us our instincts for a reason. I have lived to regret every time that I've blown off that little warning voice because it was telling me something I didn't want to hear.

I also drew a card. The 10 of Cups indicates fulfillment at home, with family, and in particular in the emotions. It's one of the cards in the deck I've nicknamed a "Happily Ever After card". So that's the good news.

However, that can never come to pass with someone who is dishonest with you. It can happen with someone who is as sincerely committed to making a relationship work as you are. So do listen closely to your gut instincts, and talk to some people whose input you value and respect, and who you can expect to be honest with you even if it's something you'd prefer not to hear. Then take whatever action you need, up to and including starting fresh with a different person in a relationship, to ensure that you are paving the way for the fulfillment and joy the Ten of Cups has to offer.

The lesson here? Listen, listen, listen to your instincts! Especially when it regards to people's honesty and trustworthiness.

Good luck and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment