1.26.2010

Patterns Shared By Different Cards

I mentioned several posts ago that there are some design elements in the Gilded Tarot that are shared between different cards. Last night, as I waited between readings, I examined the cards for one particular pattern. It's found in these places:

The gown of the Queen of Cups
The pillar behind the Queen of Cups
The screen behind the Page of Swords
The screen behind the man in the Seven of Wands
The screen behind the man in the Seven of Swords

There is one other pattern, one which is found in the gilded flowers on the back of the card deck. That pattern is repeated on the arch behind the Page of Cups, and on the screen behind the man in the Four of Pentacles.

There is a sunburst pattern that occurs on the back of the deck. It also appears on all the Pentacles, except the shield of the Knight of Pentacles, and it is in these cards as well:

The Chariot
The Hanging Man
The Sun
Three of Swords
The Knight of Swords's shield
The sides and lid of the box in the Ten of Pentacles

I have a couple other design elements that I've only just started looking at, so I won't post on those yet.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked at my Gilded in a while. I'm going to have to get them out and follow along with you.

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete